|Description||Not much of a project, but a thing none-the-less.|
Built a RetroPi, it's awesome, going to built some more and work on the hardware. This is not really a project so far, but there is more to do with it, in terms of hardware and software. Next step will maybe be making a PiCade style thing out of an old screen.
Basic part list...
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ - £34
- Official Raspberry Pi 3 Case - White/Red - £6
- Raspberry Pi Compatible USB Gamepad / Controller ("SNES" Style) - £6 (x4 for four player, so £24)
- 16GB uSD card - £4
- HDMI cable - sure you've got one already
- Telly or monitor - sure you've got one already
- USB power pack / usb charger - sure you've got one already
...so it's maybe £70 for a full four player system. More expensive than an off-the-shelf retro gaming system, but it can do much more.
- PiHut £6 controllers https://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-usb-accessories/products/raspberry-pi-compatible-usb-gamepad-controller-snes-style