Becoming a charity
From 57North Hacklab
This page was created in September 2019 as a place to consolidate discussions and ideas re becoming a charity.
Issues to clarify
- How the process works to transition from a "Private company limited by guarantee without share capital" into a charity?
- Possibility to receive gift aid on subscriptions (recurring donations for membership)
- Improved situation re funding and grants
- Quote As a charity you will become attractive to some landlords from a property rates mitigation perspective property agent, via AG email
- Increased admin work overhead?
- ACVO: ACVO is the Third Sector Interface for Aberdeen City, Kaja Czuchnicka & Sandy Mathers http://acvo.org.uk
- 57N on companies house: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC470230
- Funding Bodies