You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.
== Location ==
* Upper Floor, on the camping desk.
== Hazards ==
* '''Fumes from lased materials.''' The kit should be well ventilated when in use.
* '''High intensity laser light.''' The laser should not be viewed with the naked eye when in operation
* '''Heat.''' The kit will release heat when in use and should be cooled via ice (as presently set up)
== Notes ==
* The hardware is a KH-3020 'Laser Engraving Machine'.
* Dimensions: Width 810mm x depth 510mm x height 260mm (at highest)
* The note 'Vinyl: 80mm/s 50%' is written on the machine's body
* It is water cooled via water cooled with ice
* The cut size is approx A4.
* Ventilation is achieved via a fan and a length of approx 3m of large tubing that exits the machine rear
* A new cooling solution is in development, together with a provision for better ventilation.
== Proposed new location ==
[[File:Cutter proprosed.jpg |150px|thumb|right|Wireframe shown includes rear fanblock]]
* It has been proposed that the cutter is moved to under the left-side window, near to entrance to the floor toilet.
* Ventilation and cooling is a better fit here
* More out the way
Nordin is currently measuring up and will email a proposed plan to the maillist when done.
== Software ==
We have successfully driven the laser with [https://www.scorchworks.com/K40whisperer/k40whisperer.html K40 Whisperer].
This is a minor edit
Watch this page