- 1 Eh?
- 2 Ideas
- 2.1 Do something with the upstairs room
- 2.2 Make things light up
- 2.3 Better street-level hacklab signage
- 2.4 Ventilation system for the inside room
- 2.5 Arrange upstairs
- 2.6 Make the shower room into a photo dark room // washing up room
- 2.7 Paint the walls
- 2.8 Make a new museum
- 2.9 Art Stuff
- 2.10 Snug Space
Come to the space and hack on things to make the space better for hacking the space
hack the space October 13 and 14, 2018.
We will be in the space til late Saturday and again early, fuelled by pancakes to continue on Sunday.
Do something with the upstairs room
Some of the walls also need to be patched, which we can do, before painting.
Make things light up
Automating lights using Home Assistant.
So far hibby has set the RGB LEDs to:
* turn on when the space is opened * turn off (staggered - snug lights last so the stairs are lit) when the space is closed * pulse the snug lights when the door is unlocked so the stairs are lit.
Better street-level hacklab signage
- A hanging sign above the door, pehaps only in place when the space is open.
- An illuminated up sign on the window in the stairwell, perhaps the pane that is wood
- An illuminated sign in one or more of the upstairs windows.
- Paint the front door to say 57N, and maybe be generally decorative. We'd have to leave the fire exit sign there. Maybe we can tie in with the painted door art scheme, see twitter.com/painteddoorsabd and query .
Ventilation system for the inside room
If we want the ventilation parts costed about £170 for the which will have to be bought.
Turn Mike's temporary pipe-hiding frame into a multiplayer standing desk?
Turn it all into a chillout zone?
Make the shower room into a photo dark room // washing up room
I have a kitchen sink with worktop for the shower room if we want to make it more usable, I think Mike's darkroom idea is the way to go, K. The extractor fan in the toilet is broken, and need to be replaced, a replacement is there.
Paint the walls
There is a 10 litre pot of white emulsion in the upstairs room, there if needed. Some of the walls also need to be patched, which we can do, before painting. Not sure what we'd paint first.
Make a new museum
It's been discussed that we might put it on the left as you go down the wee flight of stairs to the main space. We could use the Ikea unit we had in the old space.
We could do with flyers and posters being designed.
We could work on the under-stair snug.